Live Life of Ease, Comfort, & Happiness
What are you looking for out of life? No matter your lifestyle or background, The Legacy of Delano Senior Living is committed to providing every resident with services that address every spiritual, physical, and mental need imaginable.
See what our community has to offer and schedule a complete tour of our community today.
Our Community Services
You deserve a well-rounded living experience that not only keeps you fulfilled and happy but also addresses your health and quality of life.
Our Inspire Wellness For Life programs targets 7 different wellness dimensions, helping us meet your physical, mental, spiritual needs, and more.
The 7 different dimensions include:
- Physical: Choosing to live a healthy, active lifestyle
- Spiritual: Living with meaning and purpose
- Social: Interacting daily with others
- Emotional: Awareness and acceptance of feelings
- Intellectual: Engaging in creative pursuits
- Vocational: Expressing yourself through talents and passion
- Environmental: Respecting and caring for our surroundings
Enriching Connections is our specialized training program each one of our Memory Care providers must complete. This program helps our team establish meaningful and trustworthy connections with residents living with cognitive impairments like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
There are several aspects that Enriching Connections focuses on, including:
- Relationships & Community: Every individual is invited to belong.
- Commitment: Our team is committed to providing every resident with personalized care.
- Certification & Training: All management and Memory Care staff are certified in dementia care by the Alzheimer’s Association, in addition to other dementia training.
- Services: Families can make the right choices for their loved ones with the help of our nursing staff.
- Meaningful Life & Engagement: Inspire Wellness for Life is our core program philosophy that promotes the best quality of life for every resident.
- Environment: We make continuous improvements so that our community remains dementia-friendly.
- Accountability: We are always monitoring processes, plans, and culture to maintain our high standards of care.
Managing your medications can be challenging to do alone, especially if you have multiple prescriptions to take. Our team is committed to ensuring you are getting the help you need, so we manage your medications for you.
We keep a close eye on the medications you take to ensure there are no adverse effects, and we can adjust your prescriptions to better suit your needs.
We partner with TotalCare Pharmacy to ensure your needs are met.
Maintaining your quality of life requires the help of trained physicians. We make sure you see physicians you trust and provide you with opportunities to change or improve your health.
Hospice care helps improve the quality of life of those living in the advanced stages of illness. In partnership with leading hospice agencies from across the country, we can provide comfort and care in your loved one’s own home and are surrounded by the people who love them most.
Our Respite and Recovery program is perfect for those looking for short 7 to 60 day stays to let you rest while recovering or while your primary caregiver takes a break. We want to ensure you feel like you’re home, so our program includes:
- 3 chef-prepared meals a day
- All utilities, except phone
- An emergency response team
- A furnished apartment
- Group activities
- 24-hour onsite staff
- Continuous wellness checks
- Medication administration
- Nurse supervision
For our residents with cognitive impairments, the stability and familiarity of routine are crucial for maintaining a sense of normalcy. The 8-8 program gives residents a structured daily routine without ever sacrificing an engaging and enjoyable lifestyle.
We design thoughtful daily activities so residents remain safe and in control, which has shown to positively affect state of mind, security, and sleep patterns.
Residents who have suffered illnesses or injuries may have lost essential motor functions that allow them to move around and communicate.
Physical therapy helps our residents regain strength lost due to an injury or illness. Our team focuses on helping them heal and retrain their bodies while always working at a comfortable pace.
Occupational therapy focuses on helping residents regain their independence. We create accessible ways to approach daily activities when they begin to become challenging. By finding effective alternatives, we help our residents avoid falls and injuries so they can do more for themselves.
Speech therapy helps residents who have had a stroke, injury, or illness that has made communicating difficult and frustrating. Our speech therapists help our residents find their voices through vocal exercises that train them to use the right muscles to formulate sounds naturally. We can also help alleviate issues related to swallowing through speech therapy.
We support our medical services with a variety of recreational therapies. These therapies are included in our Integrative Health program and supplement our other care programs:
- Essential Oils: These aromatic oils are naturally-derived, and may help promote relaxation. Those with anxiety, pain, or nausea often use essential oils. They can also positively impact memory, mood, and learning.
- Hand & Foot Massage: This soothing form of touch helps release tension and stress. We frequently combine our massages with essential oils to create a more immersive atmosphere.
- Healing Music: Some rhythms and melodies often put people in a more peaceful state of mind. We choose specific music and schedule live music performances to encourage relaxation.
- Guided Imagery: Experience the power of your mind by concentrating on specific mental pictures. These sessions can bring clarity, focus, and relieve anxiety, insomnia, and pain.
- Energy-Based Healing Modalities: Reiki and other forms of healing touch are popular among those who seek relaxed, energized states of being. We invite experienced practitioners to our community so they can administer these services.
Our community life staff perform all Integrative Health services under the supervision of trained nurses. If you have questions about how these services might benefit you or a loved one, contact us and speak to someone who can help.
Why Choose The Legacy of Delano?
Weekly & Monthly Community Events
Weekly & Monthly Community Events
Have something to look forward to every single day. We regularly update our calendar so each and every resident can discover something new and fun or get the time to sink back into a beloved pastime.
We support you by providing the lifestyle that suits you best. With the help of our trained caregivers, we go above and beyond to ensure you have every need provided for.
Have something to look forward to every single day. We regularly update our calendar so each and every resident can discover something new and fun or get the time to sink back into a beloved pastime.Learn More
We support you by providing the lifestyle that suits you best. With the help of our trained caregivers, we go above and beyond to ensure you have every need provided for.Learn More
Get help from a team dedicated to serving you. We train our staff members to ensure they are the best in the industry, and they are here for you.Learn More
Where to Find Us
We are conveniently located one block North of Highway 12 behind Coborn’s.
Our Address1350 St. Peter Avenue E
Delano, MN 55328